Wright State Lake Campus Men's Basketball team took on #15 Taylor University Trojans Tuesday night. The Lakers competed well with the Trojans in th first half, but Taylor was up 22-19 with 7 minutes remaining when they used a 19-9 run to close the half. In the second half the Trojans started strong with a 14-5 run, and the Lakers could not get any closer in the second half. Jordan Gorman led the Lakers with 17 points 4 assists and 3 rebounds to pace the Lakers offense. David Swillum scored 11 second half points to provide a bench spark for the Lakers.
Inside the Box Score:
- Zakarius Milhouse chipped in 8 points and 10 rebounds off the bench.
- Lakers shot 29.7% in the first half, while in the second half the Lakers shot 46.9%.
- Offensive rebounds galore- both Lakers and Trojans were on the offensive glass early and often. Both teams had 15 offensive rebounds.
- Taylor made the Lakers pay scoring 34 points off of turnovers compared to the Lakers 16 points off of the Trojan turnovers.
- Trojans held the advantage over the Lakers in transition points 29-6.
What Coach Says:
Coach Westerlund on his team's performance, "I was encouraged about the growth we've seen between games. Basketball is a game of runs and they just had a few more runs in them than we did. We still got a long way to go, but there were definitely some positives. We need to eliminate some of the mental breakdowns we had in order to beat a team like Taylor. I really loved the play of Jordan Gorman, we are going to need more games like that from him. Offensively we are going to need to do a better job creating easier shots, there were times it was just too tough for us to score, but it will come together still a long season we just need to keep loving the process and changing our best."
Thursday November 2nd, at Boyce College 7pm tip off.