Wright State Lakers took on the Cincinnati Clermont Cougars for the second time this season. The Cougars started off hot as they jumped out to a 24-6 lead. The Lakers ball security and rebounding did not do themselves any favors. The Lakers went into half time with a 55-34 deficit. In the second half the Lakers saw a stronger effort and cut the Cougar lead to 13 multiple times but just could not get over the hump. The Lakers unfortunately lost to Cincinnati Clermont 107-90. 90 points is the highest scoring output for the Lakers this semester. Jake Ryan and Kain Luthman combined for 60 points.
Inside the Box Score:
- Lakers were out rebounded by the Cougars 60-41; Cougars grabbed 28 offensive rebounds compared 8 by the Lakers.
- Lakers turned it over 28 times as opposed to 17 by the Cougars
- Jake Ryan shot 10/16 from the field and had his first career double double with 29 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks, and 4 assists.
- Kain Luthman had his second straight double double with 31 points and 11 rebounds.
- Blake Stephens straight 4 threes for 16 points, he also chipped in 7 rebounds
What Coach Says:
Coach Westerlund had this to say, "I thought our effort was there, but our execution was not. We cannot expect to win when we give up close to 50 points combined in second chance points and points off of turnovers. We had plenty of moments where we cut into this lead, but we just couldn't finish plays defensively." Coach Westerlund also said, "I know I keep saying this, but we keep getting better. Offensively to put up 90 points I think is really good. Jake Ryan and Kain in particular were really good tonight on the offensive end of the floor. I was really happy we got Blake Stephens going too. Blake is our X-factor, when his offense is good we are good offensively. We got a big week ahead to prepare for Kent State Tuscarawas. We are looking forward to getting back into the gym this week and getting better."