Lakers defeated Kent State - Tuscarawas 5-0 on Sunday as two pitchers combined to throw a shutout. Javon Harvey induced a groundout from Cade Cummings to finish off the game.In the first inning, Lakers got their offense started when Tristan Becker doubled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run.
Carson Schuman led the Lakers to victory on the pitcher's mound. He surrendered zero runs on seven hits over five innings, striking out four and walking zero. Harvey threw two innings in relief out of the bullpen. Lakers tallied nine hits. Burr, Becker, and Lewis each collected two hits to lead Lakers. Lakers didn't commit a single error in the field.
Inside the Box Score:
- Carson Schuman did not give up a run again today on the hill and his ERA is now 0.35, tops in the country.
- Six different Lakers got hits in the game today
- The Lakers currently have six players with OBP over .400 on the season: Dustin Lewis, Blaine Dahl, Conor Schmitt, Tyler Venters, Noah Greathouse, and Tristan Becker
- The Lakers team ERA now stands at 3.26
Lakers had all cylinders firing on offense on Sunday, winning big over Kent State - Tuscarawas 12-2. Lakers got things moving in the first inning. Tristan Becker drove in one when he singled. Lakers pulled away for good with five runs in the second inning. In the second Tyler Venters singled on a 3-1 count, scoring one run, Conor Schmitt singled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run, Becker grounded out, scoring one run, and Noah Greathouse homered on a 1-0 count, scoring two runs.
Kane Kimmel took the win for Lakers. He allowed two hits and zero runs over two innings, walking one. Greathouse threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen. Lucas Sheriff started the game for Lakers. He surrendered two runs on four hits over three innings, striking out two.
Lakers scattered ten hits in the game. Dustin Lewis, Becker, and Schmitt all managed multiple hits for Lakers. Lakers tore up the base paths, as two players stole at least two bases. Lewis led the way with three.
Inside the Box Score:
- Noah Greathouse smacked his second homerun of the season
- Dustin Lewis, Conor Schmitt, and Connor Burr combined 6 runs, 3 RBIs, and 6 stolen bases
- Tristan Becker knocked in four RBIs in the game and increased his season total to a team leading 21 RBIs.
- Kane Kimmel earned his first collegiate win of his career in the game